Friday, December 11, 2009

Congrats to the Winners!!

Okay, I am bursting with absolute pride and joy, because my dear friend and critique partner Jilly, Gill Clegg on the iheartpresents site, has won the Modern Heat category of the Harlequin contest!!

Her chapter was truly amazing. I had the wonderful opportunity to read it before she hit send, and I can honestly say the feedback she got from the group on it was, 'You're brilliant. It's brilliant, don't change a thing!'

She's a wonderful person, a wonderful writer, and my wonderful 'sister.' She spent lots of hours critiquing my writing and helping me get my own book in 'up to publishable standard' shape. I can't wait until she gets The Call!

So, sorry for those who didn't place, but, if it helps, I was in this exact same position the last two comps I entered. Not only did I not place, I did not receive personalized feedback. And it was tough. But, that wasn't the end of my journey, it was the beginning. So get out there and sub sub sub!!!

Congrats again, Jilly! I love you much and I'm so happy!

5 comments:

  1. Can a girl ever recieve too many congratulations I wonder? No, she absolutely cannot. Jilly, Maisey has said it all, you're a star and you're our sister. And we had you first and everyone else has to wait to read the best first chapter ever! I'm so proud of all you have achieved in one short year and I can't wait to see your book keeping Maisey's company on those glossy bookshelves.

    People, prepare to be dazzled by this woman, her winning entry is one SCORCHING read.

    Oh, I have to go and do something like feed the baby, can't seem to concentrate on anything since reading Ihearts.

    Love from Eire,
    Aideen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jilly, this is an incredible accomplishment and a wonderful opportunity and I'm so very proud of you for writing your way through the tough times and coming up with something so absolutely brilliant it outshone everything else. Congratulations Jilly, I'm so happy for you!

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jilly! So excited for you! In case you stop by I had to keep gushing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jilly's chapter is hot hot hot - get the oven gloves ready girls!
    Jilly, so proud and happy for you and no-one could deserve this wonderful recognition more. I'm very honoured to have you as my sister.

    ReplyDelete